After the journey to Versatile Blogger came the surprise of Cute Blogger and the creation of Minions of Misery—now, it’s time for the road to One Lovely Blog award. Julie Particka and Lisa Forget are both lovely blogging ladies, and have bestowed upon me this sweet (and sour) nomination.
7 things about myself and 15 lucky nominees: easy-peasy right? Wrong.
- I hate to divulge anything about myself, whether it’s personal or not.
- I have a super-duper expressive face, which means I can’t hide anything.
- I’m mega tall, so it’s quite hard to hide. Period.
- My hazel eyes are the mirror to my soul, they reflect hate and love, at the same time, on occasions.
- When I get nervous, my tongue gets tied and my hands fly about. Super attractive.
- There’s no way I can lie, so don’t even try to make me.
- I wish I was elegant but with my clown feet, it’s just not possible.
There, happy? Now you know who to look for in a crowd.
On a brighter note, here are my 15 Lovely Blogger Award nominees who have great blogs you *must* check out!
In honor of this blog-awards season and the long autumn nights looming on the horizon, I am giving away a copy of the Tattered Souls Volume 2 anthology, which features my novelette Misery of Me. Beware: this lit horror collection of dark stories and even darker characters might not be suitable for impressionable youngsters.
Here are the giveaway specifics:
- You MUST follow me on Twitter
- You MUST subscribe to my blog
- You MUST leave a comment with a valid email address
The lucky winner will be drawn on Monday, October 3rd, at noon, Montreal time. This giveaway is open to international participants, and I will check if all rules have been applied.
Good luck and have a lovely blog-hopping dayJ
September 19th, 2011 at 7:24 am
Anne, you’re great gothsis!!
I like the minions of misery award the best though 😉
September 19th, 2011 at 8:43 am
Thanks for the nomination Anne! And I’m right there with you on number 1 and 6 🙂
September 19th, 2011 at 8:54 am
Yay! I’m not alone!!
September 19th, 2011 at 10:06 am
Rad to be a nominee twice for this. My tiny blog is so touched. Okay, I have some advice and comments for you. Yes, yes, I know–contain your excitement.
1. I only have a problem with this when there’s intimacy involved. Then I’m like the Great Wall of China.
2. You probably shouldn’t play poker. Unless it’s against me–so I can win.
3. I am mega short (5’2″), so I’m *always* hidden. It’s annoying. My oldest child was 1/2 my height when she was 6 months old. Stop laughing it’s not funny. I have already picked out my stool that I will use to yell at her when she’s in her teen years. (okay…it’s a little funny)
4. I have hazel eyes too…I have never had a man tell me my eyes are beautiful, which I long to one day hear. *pouts*
5. Learn sign language…then when your tongue is tied and your hands are spastic…people think you’re signing.
6. I tried to lie once a while back. Totally suck at it. Hate doing it too, so perhaps that is why.
7. Did I mention that at 5’2″ I wear an 8.5/9 shoe? Clown feet? Check.
Okay…so I know that responding to each and every one of your 7 things about yourself wasn’t the point, I rarely follow directions. And I wanted to share my wonderful words of wisdom (hi alliteration much?).
I shall run and hide now…among a crowd of really tall people. 😉 You can check out my 7 facts here: http://kylanovelista.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html Ya’ know, in case you haven’t learned enough of me. Because *I* am all about over-sharing. Bwahaha—ahem…sorry. I’m fine now.
September 19th, 2011 at 10:11 am
We are Laurel and Hardy. Pouahahaaa!!!
*people, check out her blog, it’s fantastic*
September 19th, 2011 at 8:53 pm
Glad I found your blog! If you so choose to give me a copy of your book, you can reach me at email@example.com
September 19th, 2011 at 11:43 pm
Thank you so much for honoring me with this award Anne! You totally rock. 🙂
September 20th, 2011 at 2:54 am
I promise when we meet in person I will not force you to divulge anything personal about yourself – even though I’ll be able to tell a lot from your expressive face and soul-bearing hazel eyes!
I’m logging in with Facebook and I’m not sure my valid email addy shows up on your end….I also subscribed to your RSS feed and your newsletter.
Hope I followed all rules correctly – you versatile, seriously cute, miserable yet lovely award recipient! hehehe!
September 20th, 2011 at 7:51 am
You rock. But you knew that, right? 😀 Thank you for the nom & for the personal insight — no matter how reluctantly it was shared!
September 20th, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Aw, you are so so sweet! Thanks much, Anne!
September 21st, 2011 at 2:51 pm
Lol, very nicely done minion. 😉
September 23rd, 2011 at 4:31 pm
Aw, thank you for the award! I loved your list of things ~ I LOVE it that you cannot tell a lie. What a happy “handicap” to have. And you not looking attractive? IMPOSSIBLE!!
I *think* subscribed to your blog, and I know I already follow you on Twitter. My email is ali at ali cross dot com.
Thank you again!
September 23rd, 2011 at 4:57 pm
Thanks Ali:) Your blog is so lovely ♥
September 23rd, 2011 at 5:58 pm
[…] MUST leave a comment with a valid email […]
September 25th, 2011 at 4:11 am
Colin sent me….my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I love competitions, new genre for me.
October 2nd, 2011 at 5:47 pm
Hi! Comment with a valid email address:
also shamless plug time: